Sunday, September 28, 2008

My First Blog

After the encouragement or nagging, I am not sure which, of my husband and friends, I have entered the blogging world.
So here it goes.
I am doing this so friends and family can see pics and keep up with our journey with Jackson's illness. It has been a trying month for us. 3 weeks in the hospital, and now that we are home, IV antibiotics every 8 hrs., 3 oral meds, and a little boy who doesn't want to sleep at night. But, God is good. He has answered so many prayers. He has given us a gift of another day with our son. A gift that is not guaranteed. So I praise Him in this storm. I have learned to press into Him, even when I am questioning why. This illness and the uncertainty of our future is growing my relationship with God. I pray that through this struggle, we can shine Jesus' light to others who are struggling. Because that is why we are here, for God's glory.

7 comments:

Rebecca Merriman said...

We love you guys! What a journey the last few weeks have been. Your faith in God has been such an amazing witness to so many. Isn't it amazing how God can use you in the most desperate times....I love the blog - we'll love checking in on you guys from way up here!...Love you, Aunt Becca & gang

Ashley said...

woooohoooooo! way to go!! i'm so glad you are now officially part of the blog world!!! it will be fun to catch up with the merriman's on a regular basis. but, we still have to SEE you guys. when you're ready, of course. we miss ya like crazy and are so glad you are home. please, please, please let us know how we can help out! :)

Colored With Memories said...

hi...i just learned of jackson (and your blog) through the village mommies group.

i am encouraged by your evident faith through all of this.

hopefully i can encourage you by bringing a meal or two in the coming weeks.

keep us posted!

Colored With Memories said...

oops...guess i should have left my name...seeing as i now know lots about you...

kerry gibson

Darby said...

I am so glad you are home!!! We love you guys so much!

Welcome to the land of the blog...I love that little pic of Jackson with his balloons.

XOXO!

Caseylaine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Caseylaine said...

I just found out about Jackson through Darby's blog. Your comments remind me that God really is here for us if we'll just let him be. Thank you for sharing and I will definitely be thinking of you and Doug and sweet Jackson.